PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom!

Hi all,

Have been playing 2nl full ring cash games for a while now and would now like to try zoom poker. Looking for a bit advice on how different these zoom games are with regards to full ring. What should I look out for, and is the strategy different to the normal slow full ring games? I appreciate all advice given. Arty, if you read this, do you play full ring zoom?

Cheers,

Pullin

I play regular 6-max and ZOOM 6-max. Positives: 1. You get to play a ton more hands so you'll earn a ton more VPPs/FPPS Negatives: 2. You don't get a chance to observe your opponents for as long, so unless you've a HUD it's harder to get reads on them. 3. Players tend to wait for better cards and fold their medium strength hands, bluff less at ZOOM. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Cheers for the advice

Is there full ring 2nl zoom, or just higher stakes?

Cheers

Pullin

Comment

Originally posted by pullin1988 View Post
        Cheers for the advice Is there full ring 2nl zoom, or just higher stakes? Cheers Pullin
        Yes, the 'McNaught' table is $0.01/$0.02 fullring ZOOM Raiser umbup:

Comment

2nl Zoom Full Ring is pretty easy to crack.

I play 12.8/9.89 which is a fairly tight range but usually when you hit a big hand you can get paid off pretty easily at 2nl because the players are pretty bad there.

Last 3 months I have been running at 12.5 bb/100 but have been running at 33bb/100 for weeks at a time.

I'm an advocate of the river overbet with the nuts at 2nl. It gets paid off a lot.

Comment

Cheers bhoylegend,

I am going to have a crack at it later today. Thanks.

Cheers,

Pullin

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.