PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what Tablet should I use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what Tablet should I use?

    Howdy folks,

    I what to go mobile, what Tablet should I use...can I use an Android Tablet?

    I only really need it to play poker when out, don't need anything fancy, but don't have a clue what to buy....hiccup

    Any help would be great.....cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

    7 Time Bracelet Winner



  • #2
    Originally posted by effsea View Post
    Howdy folks,

    I what to go mobile, what Tablet should I use...can I use an Android Tablet?

    I only really need it to play poker when out, don't need anything fancy, but don't have a clue what to buy....hiccup

    Any help would be great.....cheers

    Dont get a play book as it does not work on those,

    But my son has a KOBO ARC and it works on that (its an Android device) Has the added bonus of being able to store books.

    Hope that helps a bit

    Grade b
    Last edited by Grade b; Thu Aug 08, 2013, 11:39 PM. Reason: missed the word "not"
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

    13 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Grade b View Post
      Dont get a play book as it does not work on those,

      But my son has a KOBO ARC and it works on that (its an Android device) Has the added bonus of being able to store books.

      Hope that helps a bit

      Grade b

      thx b,

      for sure any info is a great help....like I said...hiccup....don't have a clue..lol

      I guess I need the biggest screen I can get and that it only needs to play poker and be able to check out the net when needed.

      cheers
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

      7 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        The mobile software is quite simple. You shouldn't need the biggest screen possible. Playing on 7" tablet is fine for me. I play on my phone sometimes and that is smaller of course.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
          The mobile software is quite simple. You shouldn't need the biggest screen possible. Playing on 7" tablet is fine for me. I play on my phone sometimes and that is smaller of course.

          thx Pro,

          I need the biggest screen because l'm old, blind and drunk most of the time ....hiccup

          cheers man
          Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

          7 Time Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            I have an iPad Mini that I have used a couple of times for poker but have given up on. I get disconnected so often it's not worth playing. That's on a WiFi only device, but even if I'm standing beside the wireless router I can't maintain a connection to PokerStars. Really useless.

            Comment


            • #7
              thx fast,

              interesting

              cheers
              Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

              7 Time Bracelet Winner


              Comment


              • #8
                The Ipad app is better than the android app. Much more functionality!

                Comment


                • #9
                  i use an ASUS tablet 10 inch android

                  this my 3rd tablet and best one i have ever had i build all my computers and always use ASUS motherboards as there products be 2nd to none for the 5 or 6 years i been using them

                  Best of luck on your choice

                  Brian
                  Super-Moderator

                  7 Time Bracelet Winner



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got an IPad and no negative comments about it
                    Played it in Mexico, St-Marteen and here in Canada
                    If you want to play for real money, it won't work in the US....lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I use Ipad too - its pretty decent.

                      3G signal drops out when in the middle of nowhere of course but never had problems with WiFi.

                      I'd recommend it but it is overpriced because it is an Apple product. You can get away with lesser devices I think if it is solely to play poker.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In theory you should be able to use a Microsoft Surface. Then you could use all HUDS etc

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What Tablet for EffSea? - surely viagra...

                          Hiccup



                          Ed
                          4 Time Bracelet Winner


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Update....hiccup

                            So I got one....yahoo...a Samsung GALAXY Tab 2...10"

                            So far I lov it.......

                            I played my 1st. mtt on it as a test.....min. cash so l was happy

                            But still not sure about the software/working on the mobile site.....

                            like....while playing I could not find how to see the leader board, was only able to see the table l was playing.

                            Still very new at this....but if anyone has tips on the mobile app. that would be great.

                            Cheers All
                            Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

                            7 Time Bracelet Winner


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by effsea View Post
                              Update....hiccup So I got one....yahoo...a Samsung GALAXY Tab 2...10" So far I lov it....... I played my 1st. mtt on it as a test.....min. cash so l was happy But still not sure about the software/working on the mobile site..... like....while playing I could not find how to see the leader board, was only able to see the table l was playing. Still very new at this....but if anyone has tips on the mobile app. that would be great. Cheers All
                              I have the same Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. It's only for playing at tables ..nothing else ,..it's a great tab Effseaumbup: nic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.