PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best use of FPP's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best use of FPP's

Last Month I Cashed 1,000 for $10

Now I'm saving for 1,500 to Buy In to London VIP Club in November.

But which is the best way to get the best value from the FPP's ?

I play the 235fpp storm says.

They offer a lot more value than buying $10 and I have run well in them so far. Made something like $55 out of 8 or so played.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgy007 View Post
      But which is the best way to get the best value from the FPP's ?
      Hey Dodgy007, We ran a promo a long time back based around FPP's and part of that involved asking members how they would spend 1000 FPP's. There were quite a few suggestions and you might find some of them helpful. You'll find the thread >>HERE<< Raiser umbup:

Comment

Like most things poker,i suppose it depends.

In my case, if i want to play cash games then i buy the $10, but if i want to play tourneys, then i use the fpp's to buy into satties.

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
          Hey Dodgy007, We ran a promo a long time back based around FPP's and part of that involved asking members how they would spend 1000 FPP's. There were quite a few suggestions and you might find some of them helpful. You'll find the thread >>HERE<< Raiser umbup:
          Great thread thanks umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
            I play the 235fpp storm says..
            this. it's especially juicy on a saturday night / sunday morning when there are people actually trying to satellite in rather than fpp grinders who multitable them during the week.

Comment

There are two ways to look at this :

* Actual Value

FPPs are valued @ $ 0.016 / Point by PokerStars ; Anything (being from tournament entries, or goodies) that offer better value, can be considered a good buy.

(I think one of the very best items was a Porshe Cayenne S a few years back, that was priced @ somewhere nearthe $ 0.021 / point )

* Potential Value

This is when you're looking to "invest" it. Things like soft field tourneys, books, ... could be considered "better value" because they offer more than a flat 0.016 (for instance, maybe you can average @ 0.025 / point at some sattelite , ... )

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.