PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what's the difference between mincashing and winning it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what's the difference between mincashing and winning it?

hey everybody - bit of rant and bit of a discussion

i've been playing a load of tournaments in the past month-2 months, im aware that im not a perfect player but i do feel that my game has improved immensly in this period - due to classes from PSO, number of hands played, learning outside of the table and just experience.

I manage to cash a fair amount of tourneys i play in, but feel that im missing that 1 thing that could help me final table\win the tourney more often

i've been playing with players and sometimes i look them up and i see that they have won tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars in tournaments - and im boggled since i dont feel like they are playing that much better than me (and even worse at times), but maybe im missing that 1 edge that they know of and i dont?

would be curious to hear thoughts from tournament players

it's also a matter of swings - sometimes i feel that there is that 1 hand that if i had won it the whole tournament would have gone differently im sure im not the only one that feels like that sometimes
    Last edited by bigfoot2212; Sun Jul 07, 2013, 08:17 PM.

The guys that win MTT's usually are good tight aggressive players. Good LAG players do well to of course.

I think the difference is that the best players have no problem going broke in and around the bubble and neither are they concerned with laddering up. They take calculated risks to get big stacks that allow them to be in a position to win.

They also need to run good in the big pots of course.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.