PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll management for multi tabling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll management for multi tabling?

I have never thought about what proper BRM is for cash games when playing several tables at once. Sometimes I only play a few tables, or even one at a time when trying out different strategies.

Considering that almost half of the bankroll would be in play is there a difference in Buy-ins for 2-3 tables
    compared to 12-16 tables that should be followed?

Asking for 5nl-10nl.

I don't recommend risking half your bankroll on multiple tables. When you have a bigger bankroll, multi-tabling is fine, although your overall winrate might drop a little, but when you're first building a roll, you should play fewer hands, so your decisions can be optimal.
    I don't think it's wise to have more than 5% of your roll on any one table (my minimum bankroll requirement is 20 buy-ins) so playing more than 4 tables puts you at high risk of quickly losing 20% of your roll, just because of bad luck.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the response Arty. I like to play 1-3 tables max because I feel like I still learn while playing. When I go for 5+ all I do is make quick and simple decisions but I never feel like I learn unless I review the session after. Anyway thanks for clearing this up!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.