PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you guys stop scaring the fish.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you guys stop scaring the fish.

Okay so despite the title I found myself typing in the chat in disbelief one of the players in the Premier league called my five bet all in shove with Jack eight. (Suited so that's okay)

I had already noted this guy is a maniac pre flop and stolen some pot away from him on the turn.

After my first initial and my gosh comment and managed to stop myself after all I do not want this player to change his playing style he has the most chips at the table and yes currently he's the luckiest player at the table it's not him I want to change and stop being a luckbox, I want to change to make sure he is giving me those chips.

It is a common thing in tournaments when you make a bad play or a misstep that players automatically jump down your throat and let you know how bad the play was. I'm really grateful to these players are giving me that wake-up call snapping me back into the moment and reminded me to play patient good poker.

So myself included here at PSO we will teach each other ways to profitably play but not at the tables.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

There is an important maxim in poker 'do not tap on the aquarium' The amount of times I have winced at people in chat trying to tell some loose passive calling station not to play and that they are just lucky fish. I like lucky fish, they help me make money and most of them are probably happy gambling with half the deck. Please don't stop them.

Comment

Do what I do instead and encourage them, even if they lose the hand. Fish will usually take the words of a better player very seriously. This will make them keep playing terrible poker which means more profits for you. Much easier in a live game though since at least I for one try to stay away from the chat at all times since it gives the other players information whether you want it or not.

Comment

NEVER tell a fish what he did wrong, that's one of the seven deadly sins in poker. I play to make money, PSO is in the business of educating fish.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
          There is an important maxim in poker 'do not tap on the aquarium' The amount of times I have winced at people in chat trying to tell some loose passive calling station not to play and that they are just lucky fish. I like lucky fish, they help me make money and most of them are probably happy gambling with half the deck. Please don't stop them.
          I couldn't stop laughing at this for some reason

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.