PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notes

hello,

when you take notes under the players names at the table, does it save those notes for future if you play against them again on a totally different game?

and if not, is there a way to make this possible?

thanks

Hi BlackHolden4!

These are saved on your computer, so you will have them the next time you see them at a table. It's a file that I'd recommend to backup often... I lost mine a couple years ago and had to start over from scratch.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You can access your player notes at any time through the PokerStars client as shown below.

This gives various options for the notes and labling and allows you to view or edit your notes. Also the 'File Location' button at the bottom alows you to easily find the file on your computer should you with to back up the file. Hope this is helpful!

Chris (Fadyen)

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

As John says, the notes (and colour codes) are saved on your hard drive. If you switch between a desktop PC and a laptop this will cause problems, but you can make backups of the file and transfer it between devices.

The filename is "notes.YourStarsScreenname.XML" and the default location for it (on Windows 7, at least) is:

C:\Users\WindowsUserName\App Data\Local\Pokerstars

(Another way to find it is to hit search button in "My Computer" and type your Stars screenname in.)

I try and remember to make a back up at least once a month, as I would be lost without my colour codes in particular.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHolden4 View Post
          when you take notes under the players names at the table, does it save those notes for future if you play against them again on a totally different game?
          Since no one actually answered your question directly, the short answer is yes.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.