PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mini bankroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini bankroll

ive just deposit my 1st 1,000php ($24)to pokerstars.com., i know its just a little., but i almost double it up to $45 in just few days., my next target is to double it up again., hope you can give me some tip to my little bankroll.,

***Moved*** Hello, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info. We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Will welcome you to the site and congratulations on your initial double-up. The video is a good start, but I have a feeling you want something more direct. So here's a few tips I've garnered from reading these forums.

1 --- Find the game you like. I'm not just talking a poker games such as Omaha, Stud, or Holdem; I also mean the type of game, such as STT, SNG, ring, or MTT.

2 --- Stay within your budget. It is easy to push yourself into a battle at a higher cost level where your mind is more focused on the money than the play.

3 --- Know thyself. No philosophy lesson, something more practical. Play when your mind can focus on the game without the usual real life distractions. Online play is far more taxing than live since the speed is sometimes double what you encounter. Be mentally and physically ready to play.

4 --- Make friends with a clock. What I mean is have a predetermined end time. It can either be a certain number of games, or a set playing time. When you hit that limit, leave. Adjust with experience, but don't push it when you are losing or winning. Reason? See Item 5

5 --- Change is inevitable. Winning streaks end and losing streaks will break. Usually the first happens when you are desperate for just one more success and the other seems to last forever. Be ready for both and know they are a normal part of the game.

6 --- Keep learning by reading the forum, watching a few training videos, watching a few games without playing, testing a new style in play chips, or a poker book. None of us knows everything, so keep an open mind.

7 --- Get some help. You'll find there is a lot of companion software on the market, such as Holdem Manager, Poker Tracker, and the Indicator series out there that can offer you clues to where your game is weak. Many offer free trials, avail yourself of them.

8 --- This is most important, have fun playing. When the game becomes a job, take a step back, stop playing for a few days, find another distraction. Unless you intend making this a full-time enterprise, too much online poker can burn you out and leave you wondering why you even started. If playing ever stops being fun, consider why you play and decide which is better, poker or real life. Personally, real life is always the better choice.

Comment

Hi kimj16! What game are you currently playing - cash games or tournaments? Bankroll management is very important, because you can lose money just as quickly as you can make it if you have a run of bad luck.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Kim, Check out this tutorial on Bankroll Management. There is plenty of good information in the PSO Poker Courses to accelerate your poker education. Good luck at the tables. umbup:
          2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

bankroll Just be careful variance can be hard on a bankroll. umbup:
            7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

6 max

@artysmokesps

sir im playing my no limit hold em at full ring table.., because thats my game in live poker before i start to play at online poker.., we also play single table sit and go sometimes., so i also try it online.,

but i find it kinda difficult to adjust in online game when i started multi tabling., so i decided to take a break and relax., then ive change my game now..,

now im playing on a 6 max no limit hold em.., i think i find my play in here., 6 max.,
              Last edited by kimj16; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by holdupman48 View Post
                Just be careful variance can be hard on a bankroll. umbup:
                sir what do you mean by variance??

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                  Will welcome you to the site and congratulations on your initial double-up. The video is a good start, but I have a feeling you want something more direct. So here's a few tips I've garnered from reading these forums.

1 --- Find the game you like. I'm not just talking a poker games such as Omaha, Stud, or Holdem; I also mean the type of game, such as STT, SNG, ring, or MTT.

2 --- Stay within your budget. It is easy to push yourself into a battle at a higher cost level where your mind is more focused on the money than the play.

3 --- Know thyself. No philosophy lesson, something more practical. Play when your mind can focus on the game without the usual real life distractions. Online play is far more taxing than live since the speed is sometimes double what you encounter. Be mentally and physically ready to play.

4 --- Make friends with a clock. What I mean is have a predetermined end time. It can either be a certain number of games, or a set playing time. When you hit that limit, leave. Adjust with experience, but don't push it when you are losing or winning. Reason? See Item 5

5 --- Change is inevitable. Winning streaks end and losing streaks will break. Usually the first happens when you are desperate for just one more success and the other seems to last forever. Be ready for both and know they are a normal part of the game.

6 --- Keep learning by reading the forum, watching a few training videos, watching a few games without playing, testing a new style in play chips, or a poker book. None of us knows everything, so keep an open mind.

7 --- Get some help. You'll find there is a lot of companion software on the market, such as Holdem Manager, Poker Tracker, and the Indicator series out there that can offer you clues to where your game is weak. Many offer free trials, avail yourself of them.

8 --- This is most important, have fun playing. When the game becomes a job, take a step back, stop playing for a few days, find another distraction. Unless you intend making this a full-time enterprise, too much online poker can burn you out and leave you wondering why you even started. If playing ever stops being fun, consider why you play and decide which is better, poker or real life. Personally, real life is always the better choice.
                  thank you sir., specially in tips #8..,
                  just like to quote this one motto i learn in an indian movie.., i think its 1 of the reason i play online poker.,

"make your passion your profession., and work will become play"..,

thats why., i will guarantee you sir., im definitely having fun right now., tnx so much for the tips..,

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                    ***Moved*** Hello, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info. We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline. Raiser umbup:
                    tnx for this video.., im proud to be a part of your poker school sir.,

Comment

Hey, I am real rookie on poker but this tip has helped me improve my game and that way bankroll too. Find stakes and game you are comfortable with. This way you focus on game improving you skills and not staring at bubble and try make it to the money. When you are comfortable and dont need to think how much this game looses to you then you get best benefits. Also join PSO leagues and any promotion where these guys from PSO play. They help you so so so much.
                      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I wanted to know what stakes you are playing, because variance (how lucky/unlucky you get) can quickly make you busto if you're not careful. With $50 or so, I'd recommend you stick to 2NL cashgames (1c/2c blinds) and 25c SnGs. If you risk more than 5% of your roll on one table, and you do it a few times, you can quickly go broke just due to random luck.
                        Bracelet Winner

Comment

variance

yes sir., im playing in the 1c-2c game., ive just currently move to 2c-5c after i triple up my bankroll..,

Comment

I had been building a bankroll slowly by playing the 2/5c cash games full ring. I had made an extra deposit of 20 dollars to have a shot at the 5/10c tables. I have to admit I felt uncomfortable as the total bank roll was only 120dollars. So I lost two buy ins pretty fast and had the sense to notice I was playing very bad and quit. I Was not mentally focused on good poker decisions and was more concerned about the money I had in play. This led me to play worse and some of the choices I made were just terrible, worst poker I have ever played.

I am now dropping back to 2/5c until I build up to around 200-240dollars and then I will have 3 or 4 buy ins set aside for the 5/10 tables. Bankroll is more of a psychological thing I believe. It was clear I was playing above my bankroll and was nervous about decisions and made some terrible plays and calls.

Comment

Hi GONKO85,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum
                              and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club
                              may be found HERE.

The PSO Series of Poker is running through July 7th, 2013. Cash tournaments are found in the main lobby
                              under "tourney" > "private." Play money tournaments (US friendly) are found in the PSO Home Games Club.
                              Hope to see you there!

Joss
                              2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.