PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 table preflop odds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 table preflop odds

I've been trying to understand how to use the pokerstove calculator and was wondering if I'm understanding the odds properly.

For example:

I highlight the following hand range: AJ+, TT+ and get a number of 6%. Does this mean that in a 9 table game I will be dealt a hand in this range 6% of the time or once every 17 hands?

It's not table size dependent, but in the long term that is the expectation.

In the short term, less than 10k hands, anything can happen though.

Comment

As TJ says, it's not dependent on the table you're on.

TT+ AJ+ make up 78 of the 1326 possible starting hand combinations, so it means that the probability of the next hand you are dealt being in that range is 5.88%.
      In the long run, you'll be dealt one of these hands about 6% of the time, or about once every two orbits in a 9-handed game.

FWIW, In many situations, I'd rather be dealt a hand that's not in that range. Facing a raise by an UTG player in a cash game, I would much rather have pocket sixes than AJo, for example.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.