PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record keeping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record keeping

Hi guys I was wondering how to go about keeping a record of my sessions/bankroll. A friend recommended a website that does it all for you ( I forgot what it was called though & I don't want to bother him on holiday) Could recommend any such websites/apps/software or is better to just make a spreadsheet? If the latter is the best option what kind of info such I input? Sorry to be a pain Thanks in advance umbup: TDM

Hi TDM!

The trackers (Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager) do this. I haven't had one of them (will if we can ever play again since I'm in the US), so I made up an excel sheet back when I first started playing for cash a number of years ago and tracked everything (even the VPP's). The excel route is a TON of work, forwarn you.

John (JWK24)

I used date, tourney ID (or ring), game type, entrants, finishing position, buy-in, return, VPP and running total for VPP's and bankroll... and then seperated it into each type of game.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John umbup: I was going to go down the self spreadsheet route but wasn't sure on what to input. Yeah, I read somewhere that they're trying to pass a bill on online gambling in the U.S. I hope it goes threw, after all you guys invented the game seems stupid to make it illegal. Thanks again Tom

Comment

Now that it's legal in many states I expect our government and stupid to get Gay married any day now.

Comment

If you go on line and enter: free poker spreadsheet templates, or free bankroll management spreadsheets there are a ton of them already done that you can choose from as well, saves alot of time.
          Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Fri May 31, 2013, 05:39 PM. Reason: add on
          2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I use the spreadsheet and also Holdem Manager 2. HM2 is very good because it tracks all the stuff like hand history, session history etc. automaticly. It is good then to replay you hands, the good one as well as the bad one.

i also keep excel sheet becuase when I have to enter the lost (or profit) I suffer manually it helps me more control the bankroll.

Comment

I use a spreadsheet because holdem manager does not track all tourney results and I play on a lot of sites. I just downloaded a template off web. It takes discipline, but once your in the habit its fine.

Comment

Thanks guys the template option saved me a lot of time and energy umbup: Thanks for all the help it's very much appreciated Tom

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.