PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for ArtysmokesPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for ArtysmokesPS

ArtysmokesPS,

I just wanted to thank you for the articles on "The ABC of 2NL". Much appreciated.

I have a question on your recent posting "Someone's opened the pot . Can I still play?"

You mention that when playing suited connectors your looking for implied odds of 20:1 or more to call preflop. Post-flop, am I right in saying that if you make a drawing hand (open-end straight or flush draw) then even if your opponent bets enough to make it unprofitable to call with pot odds < out odds, then you would still have enough implied odds to call to see if you hit your flush or straight, etc on the turn and river? Also, I want ask, just in case I am missing something,if you do not make your straight or flush draws, then you would want to fold since with low suited connectors you are almost always beat by someone betting who may have made top pair or overpair(on an overcard flop)?

Oncea again, thanks for the articles and the help!

Cheers,

pullin1988

Hi pullin!

I've answered this in my blog thread HERE.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.