PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training videos

Does anyone know where i can find a video on expert hand reading, ive seen a load of hand reading vids now but ive watched live vids where there reading is abit more complex what ive seen so far is all good but i think its abit more basic for new players, i was looking for a vid that tells you when its good to check because you know your opponents range is weak and you want to try and get more value.

My line is all good when i have a good hand i just bet bet bet but when i know peoples hands are weak i still go and fire 2/3 pot and they fold, i was watching andrew foucualts c betting vid and this seems like the sort of thing im looking for but the vid is very short.

I need something that shows better ways to play draws i bet with my draws now but never raise a bet with a draw because i dont know when i should.

So if anyone knows any good vids can you post them up.

Cheers

hand reading

this one is by one of the trainers here, good for beginners

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You missed an absolute cracker last night. TheLangolier's second "On the draw" session was one of the best live training sessions I've been to so far. Just using stats and betting actions, everyone was involved in working out the most profitable lines to take against particular villains. We were all trying to guess villains' hands (mostly wildly inaccurately, it has to be said! ) but I think everyone learned some great stuff.

That session (and the earlier "playing draws" session) isn't in the archive yet, but it will be uploaded to Dave's archive soon.

I'd strongly recommend you take time out to go to live sessions if they fit your schedule. They are much more useful than watching the recordings, because you get to actively participate and can ask questions as the lesson proceeds.

For 6-max, live sessions with Felix are the nuts, but you can learn something even from live tournament sessions for game formats you might not even play.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers Arty il have a look daves vid sounds good, yeah i always miss the live sessions i register to them and forget to look.

Il have a look at that vid tomorrow grade b.
        Last edited by mike2198; Sat May 18, 2013, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.