PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the best way to manage a single " A" in a Texas Holdem Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the best way to manage a single " A" in a Texas Holdem Tournament

Hi,

I´d wish to know how do I play with an "A" in a Texas Holdem tournament.

"A" with a small card (A,2....3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8....etc)diferent figure.

"A" with a small card same figure

Thanks

This question is one that can only be answered well with a very detailed - book length - post, or the standard two word answer for generic poker questions: "It depends".

How you play you Ax hands depends on a range of factors, including stack sizes, position, number and tendencies of players still with live cards, your "perceived image" (how other players see you), and a few other factors too numerous to mention.

Ragged aces (A9 or lower) are pretty weak hands that generally don't make money in the long run, but there are certainly occasions when you'd play them, such as to steal or resteal the blinds.

Since the question is too complex, I'd suggest that you thoroughly read the PSO courses, and perhaps go to some live training sessions when tournaments are being covered, so you can see how often ragged aces get played, why they are played (or not), and how aggressively (or not).
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum,

I suggest you watch some of our tutorial videos for getting started, you can find those and everything else on PSO in the video below -

Hope you enjoy your time here,

Ads

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.