PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query Online Example in 'Playing with Conviction'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Online Example in 'Playing with Conviction'

I have a query in with the example program under 'Playing with Conviction'

Raise in example one gives you the 'thumbs up'.

Raise in example two and it says that's a mistake.

If we use the lesson from the previous pages of the rule of Two and four - isn't 40% chance to make another diamond reasonable?

Hole cards are A & 7 diamonds. Flop is As Qd 7s. Diamonds are 10 outs x 4 (two cards to come) = 40%

Am i missing something?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ith-conviction

Hi 80m8ty,

On the 2nd example, you have Ad7d, but there is only one diamond on the flop. There are 10 diamonds still unaccounted for, so it's fairly likely that one could come on the turn, but you'll still only have a hand with 4 diamonds, not a complete flush.
    You have a flush draw (sometimes called a "four-flush") if you have two diamonds in your hand, and there are two more on the flop.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 80m8ty,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Kind regards,
      CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah Arty - I had my head up my arse mate. Your dead right, Thanks umbup:

Comment

If you actually want to calculate a runner, runner flush the math is pretty simple.
          OTT there are 10 outs in 47 unseen cards, or 10/47 =.2126 (rounded) (21.26%)
          OTR there are then 9 outs in 46 unseen cards or 9/46 = .1957 (rounded) (19.57%)
          You then just multiply the two. .2126 x .1957 = .0416 (rounded) or (4.16%) or roughly 24:1 against
          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

**moved**
            Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.