PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing positions in Texas Holdem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing positions in Texas Holdem

I have a question regarding playing positions in poker.

Referencing to tutorials on PS site you have different playing position rules:

http://www.pokerstars.eu/poker/how-t...tegy/position/
    Early position - [SB, BB, UTG, EP, EP], Middle position - [MP, MP], Late position - [CO, BU]

vs.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ition-Tutorial
    Early position - [SB, BB, UTG, EP], Middle position - [MP, MP, MP], Late position - [CO, BU]

Maybe both suggestions are wrong.

Could you please explain it to me which one is correct for playing Texas Holdem Poker?
    Last edited by debijanster; Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:00 PM.

I don't know if I understand what u are asking. but the one with utg ep ep is tighter than the other. there is another 1 where they call the seat befor the cutoff the hijack

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong263 View Post
      I don't know if I understand what u are asking. but the one with utg ep ep is tighter than the other. there is another 1 where they call the seat befor the cutoff the hijack
      Ok, so which one is the right one?
      It needs to be strict otherwise this table (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...lop-essentials) has no effect and is useless... ?!
      Last edited by debijanster; Fri Mar 29, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

how to read the chart . the first 2 seats to the left of the big blind are called (EP) the next 3 are called (MP) the next 2 are (LP) which is the button and the player on his right. that's how u read the chart

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong263 View Post
          how to read the chart . the first 2 seats to the left of the big blind are called (EP) the next 3 are called (MP) the next 2 are (LP) which is the button and the player on his right. that's how u read the chart
          So you mean like this:

Early - (SM, BB, EP1, EP2), Middle - (MP1, MP2, MP3), Late - (L1, BU).

Is this for sure?

Comment

It looks like there is a confusion here because of the way we describe UTG+2 (the third position after the blinds). Some players (including me) consider UTG+2 to be early position. Others treat that seat as middle position.
            As a beginner, I'd recommend you treat the first three seats after the blinds as EP. You don't really want to be opening hands like 77 or AT until you're a bit closer to the button.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

chart says (EP) is (EP1) and (EP2) . the blinds are (EP) but the chart don't say that. the blinds are the blinds they are only (EP) after the flop before the flop they are late position you get to act last

Comment

under the starting hands chart where it says open full lesson , if you click that it will open the part on how to read the chart.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.