PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calculating outs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating outs

Im a little confused with the calculating how many outs you have to have the nuts in the cash game quiz

Do you calculate the strongest possible hand you can get or do you include your outs for both the straight and flush draw you have

For example my hole cards are Ah 10h the flop is Kh Qh 5c

Do i calculate both the straight outs and the flush outs giving me 15 outs or do i only calculate 9 outs for the best possible hand being the flush draw

you calculate both but discount overlapping ones. so you have four jacks and nine hearts that will help you, but one of the jacks is already a heart; giving you 12 outs.

Comment

Originally posted by EvokeNZ View Post
      you calculate both but discount overlapping ones. so you have four jacks and nine hearts that will help you, but one of the jacks is already a heart; giving you 12 outs.
      I agree. Good job EvokeNZ!umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok cool that makes sense i dnt know why i got 6 outs for the straight my brain must have shut down atleast i know to count both now thanks you've been a great help

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.