PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins this hand???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins this hand???

Hey just had a huge argument over a poker game because i was 100% sure it was a split pot, but they where adamant they had won. Ill explain: I had A3 in my hand My opponent had A5 The flop was A 7 9 J J So therefore we both had two pair aces and jacks with a 9 kicker. The argument was that because my opponent had a 5 with his ace, as opposed to my 3 he had won. I thought this was ridiculous thinking, as i was sure you had to make the best 5 carded hand using what card you like on the river and with your two cards. so the fact that the 5 and 3 where lower than the lowest cards on the river, they had no input to the hands. Does anyone agree or disagree with my logic??? Cheers, Gsh1993 umbup:

Originally posted by gsh1993 View Post
    I had
    A3 in my hand
    My opponent had A5

The flop was
    A 7 9 J J
    The Board plays

AAJJ9

Kicker does not matter here as the 9 plays it is a split Pot

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C
    Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

100% chop pot.

Both Ax kickers improved to a 9 on the flop.

Everyone loves a chopped pot.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.