PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a chance for straigh flush vs ace high flush - fold or all-in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a chance for straigh flush vs ace high flush - fold or all-in?

Hello, I wanted to ask opinions about this play here: I had flush, but was hoping to get a straight flush on the river. The opponent turned out to have ace-high flush. Would you guys fold these cards, or try to play all-in like I did?

I probably make a bigger raise on the turn, to protect us from higher flush draws, and also get value from straights, as I think this player would be raising here with any ten. Flush over flush is quite rare. You kind of just have to accept it when it happens. I wouldn't usually be folding a made flush unless I know villain is particularly tight (only plays the nuts) or if there were 4 hearts on the board.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.