PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blinds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinds

im wondering why when figuring out how many blinds u have left in a tourney (lets say a stack of 1500 chips) u dont take ur small blind into account as well as ante if there is one?
    - chip stack of 1500 (BB is 100) (SB 50)
    - 1500/100 = 15BB (but why do we not use our SB too?)
    eg. 1500/150 (+ any antes there might be) =10 total blinds (basically 10 more rounds before having to double up....?
    Bracelet Winner

That is called "M" and was popularized in the Harrington books but I don't remember who he attributed it to. M is the number of "rounds) you stack will survive.

Expressing your stack in big blinds is a bit quicker in the math department so it remains popular.

Good decisions.

Comment

Blinds

Thanks for your feedback i appreciate it!
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I divide my stack by the number of BB's I have in my stack. I don't count SBs. If the blinds are 50/100 and I have 1,000 chips then it's 10BB in my stack. If I've 1050 chips then I've still 10BBs in my stack.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

You will find that it doesn't matter which way you calculate it (in either M or in BB's) you will still be making the same decisions, using the example Ovalman had of 1050 chips (blinds 50/100) being 10BB's, and that would be 7M - so you will have the same play for either 10bb or 7M, which ever you prefer to use
          Last edited by Barbzz; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.