PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular SNG vs Fifty50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular SNG vs Fifty50

Hey guys.

Been playing alot of fifty50s recently with mild success.

I was wondering between a regular SNG and the fifty50's is there a difference in profitability?

Or are they about the same other then maybe the fifty50s have less variance?

Cause i find that even if i come out a small winner in 2/3 games losing the 1/3 still puts me back at about even. I dunno. Just wondering.

I'm no expert for sure as Stars went to 50/50's not long before US players got the boot,but in the time I did have I played 150 of the $1.11 50/50's ($1.50 being the lowest buy-in now of course...) and ran just below 73% ITM (109/150) for a +14.6% ROI.

I'll be 100% honest here,I DO think through study and poker discussions and other training that my game is better than it was when Americans were excluded,but I highly doubt I could improve on those numbers. I just think that 50/50's,bt their nature,cap themselves at a certain level of profitability. Well all games do I guess,but these have a more standard ceiling than some others would be my hunch.

Not at all familiar enough with the standard STT's but as for the 50/50's I'll say that in my experience and from what I've seen and heard from others 2/3's,or 67% if you prefer,ITM% is going to be break even at best,probably slightly underwater. I think over a large sample you'll need to run at 70% to break even and above to make any profit and it will be incremental.

But that seems to be the crack with STT's,standard or 50/50's...that you won't hang up a big +ROI on them,but if you find a game you can beat you can typically grind it out in a steady,less variance turbulent fashion.

Comment

Thanks for the response

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.