PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker Hand Ranking Assignment // STATISTIC POST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Hand Ranking Assignment // STATISTIC POST

- 2 out of 4 times while in big blind (50%)
    - 3 out of 4 times while in small blind (75%)
    - 8 out of 13 times in other positions (61%)
    - a total of 13 out of 21 (61%)
    Pots won at showdown - 7 of 9 (77%)
    Pots won without showdown - 0

Hi Huberts.1972! Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you more familiar with some of the options that PSO has to offer. These numbers won't really mean much, as it's too few hands. If this was a few thousand hands, then it would be more relevant. However, I do see that you're playing way, way too many hands. I try to aim for 20% flops total, with the SB being the lowest, followed by the BB as the 2nd lowest as I'm out of position there. It looks like you need to be more patient and fold more often. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I do think you're doing the right thing copying those stats if you don't have one of the tracking programs. You'll learn a lot just from those numbers.

JWK is giving you some spot-on good advice. I took his suggestion regarding the small blind and I'm doing a bit better. I got into the trap that I spent half to see the blind, so why not pay full price? It's a chip leaker.

One other thing I noted with this very small number of hands is how many went to showdown. Seven of thirteen hands played tells me you failed to push whenever you're leading. It sounds like you are too passive. You should have at least one of those hands won without going to showdown.

Again, this is far too small a database. Keep these records from your games and come back after: A --- 100 tournaments. B --- 5,000 hands. I know that sounds like a real mountain of hands, but from personal experience, those numbers can be hit in less than two months. If you play in the league, consider returning after one full month of numbers.

If you like to see some of my numbers, check out the topic "Stats to Drown In" in the Beginner's Questions Forum.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.