PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stats question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stats question

question regarding pfr stats. ... I've always been under the assumption that the pfr stat is in reference to all hands. ie: say 22/10 the 10 is 10% of all hands and not 10% of 22%. this IS correct isn't it? I believe it was Garrett who said in a training class that it was the latter, and I've been perplexed ever since. if it were the latter, you would see stats like say 17/100 meaning he raised 100% of hands he entered with and you never see that but you do see stats like 20/20. so did I misunderstand what he said, or is what i think he said right, or is my original assumption correct? dazed and a bit confused...
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

I'm pretty sure you're right. If someone had like 20/15 you know they are raising 15% of their hands and calling 5% so if they had those stats over 100 hands that would be 15 hands they've raised and 5 they've limped or called for the stats 20/15, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. I've never seen someone have higher PFR than VPIP, they are either the same when they've raised 100% of hands or PFR is lower when they call or limp.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.