PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the odds please anyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the odds please anyone

what are the odds of losing three hands (all in) to the same player in the same tourney where the villain twice hits his set on the river as a 95% underdog (2 outs each time and these both happened at the final table)
    Prior to this I also had him all in dominated aq v a8

When did the money go in?

Comment

preflop i think, the hands are on my blog

Comment

Judging by your other AA post you are looking for patterns to reinforce your belief that there is something wrong with the RNG. It doesn't matter if the same hand occurs 3 times in a row. The only odds that matter is in each individual hand.

When Pokerstars deals 90 billion hands over the lifetime of the software I would say almost any pattern will happen at some stage. You were fortunate or unfortunate to witness one such pattern but I would say most if not all of us will see something we think is highly unlikely (but not impossible) at some stage of our poker careers.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Google Negreanu gets angry, after he lost twice with the nuts against quads, might cheer you up knowing it happens in live poker too to such players.

Comment

Since the money went in preflop they had way more than 5% equity. The last two were just flips that turned out be a bit dramatic. Poker happens.

Good decisions.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.