PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HU Hyper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HU Hyper

So, played a couple of these this weekend and i kinda like them! Cant find any vid's for them online or any good articles.

Anybody know some? Anybody playing them ?

Can make sick volume with these 1 tabling which is perfect for me cause i cant sit down for a long time.

There's very high variance in these so it's essential to keep track of how you're doing. It's not all push and fold poker, there is a bit of play in the early stages which could give a better player an edge, still a 1% ROI would be doing well over a large sample.

If you could break even at these and play for the VPPs, it would be possible to get all the benefits of Supernova which is worth around $4,000.

From what I remember, a 6 seat STT lasted 10-15 minutes.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I played 22 HU Hypers with a -21% ROI. I lost my last 8 in a row which is why I gave up but that shows the high variance in these. Just looking at some of my exit hands shows the luck element ie. AT v KQo lost, A2o v K2o lost etc.

Losing those last 8 made a massive swing to my ROI, my red line is well above where it should be if luck was on my side. I think you'd need a sample of at least 1,000 to see if these are profitable.

The hyper structure is a real leveller and takes away a lot of post flop play. That's not to say there's no skill in these. As I said, in the early stages it's wise to see a flop and not just play shove or fold poker.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

hehe yeah, they have a pretty high luck factor. Run bad = lethal in this game :P

played around 34 of these with a roi of -25% but friend of mine is kicking ass and making a nice profit!

Its a pretty tilty game but can go 2 ways :P

Comment

Hi,

Here is a video focusing on HU play which you may find helpful.

Heads Up Play

Hope this helps, and good luck at the tables.

Comment

I dont know about HU but I play 6 mans (on another site obv) and profitting over a couple thousand run. I started playing these almost exclusively after seeing how weak the shove/fold/call off play in them by most players was, and they're paying off. Yes, they're is some high variance involved in them but with a fairly solid push/fold/call off knowledge, they are definitely beatable with good roll mgmnt. I'd say 60-100 bi for your level is about right and i think after a few hundred or so you'll have a firm grasp on whether or not you can profit by them. Gl out there.
            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.