PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's most important for your preflop decission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's most important for your preflop decission

Hi all,
    what's the most importent fact for your preflop decissions?

Hand strength
    Position at the table
    Opponents' action in front of you

Thanks

The most important thing for me is reads on the opponents. For example, if a nit raises in front of me, I am folding a lot of hands I would play if the raiser was a maniac.

Good luck
    Doug
    Last edited by bearxing; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 04:08 AM. Reason: typo
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Based on my own experience and from what I've read on various forums (info written by much more advanced players), position is very crucial.

For example, if two players who were equally as good and played exactly the same sat down at the same table, the one sitting to the left would win more money in the long run due to the inherent advantage of his position.

Comment

Hi Beginner358!

All of the above, plus multiple other things... reads, stack sizes, etc.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i agree with John

stack size, position, hand strength, player types, actions before you, possible actions behind..

just as an example, in a full ring game i have AA in middle position. UTG opens..usually this is a 3B spot BUT..
          what if there is a verry aggressive player behind me who likes to squeeze? (3B vs an open and a call)..

in this situation i would likely call to let the aggressive player squeeze and then take it from there

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.