PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing down and underestimating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing down and underestimating.

Is something I really need to work on...

Seat 5: Guyguyson (button) showed [As 2s] and lost with a straight, Ace to Five
    Seat 8: paluner1 (small blind) showed [Ad Td] and won ($7.56) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 9: Antonov148 (big blind) showed [6d 9d] and lost with a flush, Queen high

hi, not beleiving is a part of tilt, however not believing a bs player is ok, but not believing the none bs players is not good,

watch more on the table dynamics and whats happening, write it down on paper if you need to or make player notes and use color coding.

use green for multitablers

red for danger

orange for intermeadiate players

green for go, they are fish.

thats all you need
    or pick your own colour scheme lol
    Last edited by holdemace486; Fri Nov 02, 2012, 08:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just lost trip 6's to trip 7's and then 2 hands after that, trip 7's to trip 8's...
      Bad beat after bad beat... really not my day.
      Last edited by Guyguyson; Fri Nov 02, 2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Hi!

Without the chip stacks and previous actions in the hand, they may or may not be bad beats. They might be bad beats, they may also have been played incorrectly. Without all the necessary information, you can't tell.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The straight losing to a flush was just a bad move on my part, blinded by lucking out and getting a decent hand and not seeing the obvious. the 6 set was played out to the turn on a dry board with no face cards, I hit the set on the flop and made a medium bet, one player called and the other folded, then when nothing scary came up on the turn I moved all in figuring I must be far ahead and the other player was calling with top pair.

Can't remember much about the 7's I was probably pretty annoyed and could of likely of played that hand much better.

Next time i'll make sure to save the hand replay and post it here to see what I could of done better.

Comment

hi as Jw says you need to post these hands in hand analysis where they will give you a full low down on the hand.

It may not of been bad play by you, maybe was just bad luck.

Stick to your br management and shrug off the beats, dont let them bother you too much.

If you get frustrated take a break, give it 5 mins try again or just the next day.

Remember this, beats are always going to happen, theres nothing we can do about that, but the amount we lose can be limited by not been so over aggressive in pots.

Unless we have the nuts.

Over enthusiasm and over plays can be a dangerous combination.

gl hope you understand what im trying to say

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
              hi, not beleiving is a part of tilt, however not believing a bs player is ok, but not believing the none bs players is not good,

watch more on the table dynamics and whats happening, write it down on paper if you need to or make player notes and use color coding.

use green for multitablers

red for danger

orange for intermeadiate players

green for go, they are fish.

thats all you need
              or pick your own colour scheme lol

you used green twice there ace
              I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.