PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO Newcomer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO Newcomer

Hey all.

Been playing poker now for about a year on/off, i have never really been very successful in the past.
    Now i have recently started to play again and atm i just keep getting bad beats i think ive been playing my hands correctly but keep losing, sadly dont have any hand replays for them but i will post from now on if i have any.

I am going threw the courses here i think they are already changing my whole game and hopefully start winning.

My main question for now is are cash games a good way of making profit regularly as i have read on alot of other sites people saying theres no profit in cash games anymore is this true or not?
    Thank you for reading

If players didn't make a profit, they wouldn't play. It's that simple. The tricky word is "regularly." When I could play cash games here, my thought was to come out ahead in the current session. String enough sessions together, and you are coming out profit regularly. My thoughts for what they are worth.

Congratulations on taking the study courses seriously. You'll find your game changing with the lessons, and for the better. I came here as a "golden ace" player, somebody that thought any ace guaranteed a win. Now I know better and my hand selection reflects that. Bet you'll see the same changes after the lessons.

Comment

I don't see why cash games wouldn't be profitable. As long as you can outplay your opponent and make more +ev than -ev plays you can make money on any type of game.

I'm currently playing the 2NL full ring cash games and have a winrate of 10BB, so there is money to be made.

Just keep studying and practising and things should start to turn around

Comment

Hi Gingerfish1

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.
        This link will help you find you eay around.

Enjoy, and good luck at the tables.

Comment

Hey thanks all for replying.
          Yer I see what you mean about making profit but what use to happen to me a lot was I would be up quite abit.of money and I will be playing good and then it just all goes wrong and I end up losing it all but I will keep reading on here and hopefully my game will improve.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.