PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play a big draw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play a big draw?

Let's say you are heads-up and hold on and the opponent has a small pair like 66 or 77. On the flop you are a big favorite. If the turn doesn't help ( or something like that) the opponent is the favorite to win the hand. Whats the best way to play this hand if you are out of position and what if you are in position?

4c would give you a flush, so I'm guessing you meant to put 4h/c/d there

Without any reads, if I had those cards I would be raising and re-raising on the flop with the hope of getting all-in as your ahead most of the time. If however I only get called and not raised, therefore I'm not all-in. On the turn I would be checking OOP hopeing they check or only put a small raise in so I still have the correct odds to call. If they put it a big raise I would have to fold. In position on the turn, if they donk into me I'm only calling with the correct odds otherwise it's a fold. If they check to me then it's either a check or sometimes a semi-bluff depending on the villain and how likely the turn card is to have hit there range.

A trainer here may have some different advise, but that would be the way I would play it.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.