PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What hand has the best chances to beat aces?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hand has the best chances to beat aces?

What hand has the best chances to beat AA? I guess it's a small pair. Is this correct?

All pocket pairs have about 20% chance of beating AA, mid pocket pairs being slightly better. But I believe mid suited connects are the best to have, so 65s or 76s which have about 23%

Comment

the best hand is the other two aces
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner358 View Post
        What hand has the best chances to beat AA? I guess it's a small pair. Is this correct?
        Originally posted by Grade b View Post
        Grabe b is correct, Aces vs Aces will most of the time result in a 'Split Pot'.

After that no other holding has a better equity chance over Pocket Aces preflop. You will be the underdog with any other holding.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Comment

T9s would has a 22% chance of beating AA whereas any pair is only 20%.

You could download the free pokerstove.com and play around with some of the hands to see if you can beat 22%.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Code:
            Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,712,304  games     0.095 secs    18,024,252  games/sec

Board: 
            Dead:  

equity    win      tie     pots won   pots tied   
            Hand 0:  76.944%   76.76%   00.19%   1314307     3207.50   { AcAs }
            Hand 1:  23.056%   22.87%   00.19%    391582     3207.50   { 6h5h }
            Try to find something better.

Good decisions.
            Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
              The other 2 aces have the highest equity against aces but not, as the question asked, the best chance of winning, which goes to 56s off suit to the aces.

Comment

my AA/KK always seem to get beaten by flushes :P

Comment

Try playing AA in a micro stakes limit game and your a dog every time
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
                    The other 2 aces have the highest equity against aces but not, as the question asked, the best chance of winning, which goes to 56s off suit to the aces.
                    Yes i agree, i answered the wrong question here. Suited connecters that dont need an A to conplept are best to BEAT AA.

Grade b
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.