PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ on button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ on button

It's going to pull me down to 11BB or 10BB, I decided to fold. Villain isn't aggro that's my other reason. I was running good. Cards were coming to me nicely and they do hit. My mind told me to fold, my heart said CALL!

I would have done the same! A guy who pushes all in after 2 limps + 1 AI + 1 big stack Call is sure monstrous. Den again sucking out is always a hearty laugh!

Comment

Assuming this isn't a league game where gaining points for the end of the month is very important, and that you wasn't near the bubble. I would be pushing all-in over the top to stop other people getting involved and decreasing my chances of winning. You have the biggest stack left in play, so by going all-in over the top your forcing everyone to risk their tournament life’s if they want to play. For that reason I would expect someone with cards as good as QQ to be folding.

In this case you would have be very unlucky to run into AA, but shoving over the top is better than just calling in the long run.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.