PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omaha Hi starting hands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha Hi starting hands

Hi, everyone,

In an effort to round out my game, I'd like to learn more about Omaha (Hi only), especially PLO. I've found a number of posts comparing specific starting hands, but can anyone direct me to online articles containing a general discussion of what to look for in a starting hand, or provide some insight yourselves? Also, what's the best book on the subject?

Thanks to all!

Dan
    "Windlord"

www.playwinningpoker.com

Comment

Thanks, Joe - between that site, and a couple of links from there, that was an excellent source!

Dan
      "Windlord"

Comment

Best book is omaha holdem poker by Ciaffone. He has 2 other books that compliment this one - improve your poker, and pot and no-limit poker. I recommend all 3.

Comment

Thanx, Noodles,

I've read some of Ciaffone's articles, which are excellent. Can't wait to dig into the books (as soon as I finish Sklansky's "The Theory of Poker," and "Tournament Poker," that is). My library is definitely growing!

Wow, I'm glad I joined here!!

Thanks again!

Dan
          "Windlord"

Comment

Working...
          X