PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about a tutorial question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about a tutorial question

Hey guys, I'm working my way through the PSO courses, doing great so far i think. But I have came across a question that's got me confused. It's on Betting> Rule of Two and Four, question 4 of 4: "You hold AS KS, you oponent holds 2D 2C, The flop is 10D 10H 3C. According tot he rule of two and four your winning chances are: 24% 28% 18% When i calculat it im coming up with 32%.. 3x possible K's and 3x A's plus 10's can be drawn = 8x4= 32% What am i doing wrong? It's probably really stupid and obvious lol. Thanks in advance. umbup:

Realy bad question in that tutorial..... A single 10 doesn't get you there. They would both have to hit running as a single ten gives him a boat, but dont forget the three 3s that counterfiets his 2s as well,giving you a better kicker, so its actually a bit better than 36%, so they need to revamp that question. (soon I hope) lol
    Last edited by mtnestegg; Wed Sep 19, 2012, 10:48 PM.
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by Clancy2k View Post
      Hey guys, I'm working my way through the PSO courses, doing great so far i think. But I have came across a question that's got me confused..... It's on Betting> Rule of Two and Four, question 4 of 4: "You hold AS KS, you oponent holds 2D 2C, The flop is 10D 10H 3C. According tot he rule of two and four your winning chances are: 24% 28% 18%..... When i calculat it im coming up with 32%.. 3x possible K's and 3x A's plus 10's can be drawn = 8x4= 32%.... What am i doing wrong? It's probably really stupid and obvious lol.
      Hi Clancy, The first thing to remember with these courses is that they are designed with the absolute beginner in mind. In saying that they require a but of thinking to work them out. In this scenario I would discount a 10 as an out, as this would give your opponent a full house (tens over twos). Therefore, and remembering that this is a beginners course, we are only counting the 3xAces and the 3xKings as outs, so 24% would be the correct answer here. Now let me complicate it a bit. I just discussed this question with one of our trainers and he quite rightly stated that any 3 could be counted as an out in the given scenario as you both then have two pair with you having the best kicker card. I'll bring this to the attention of the person who sets the questions. For a beginner the question serves a purpose but to the more advanced player it's questionable. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys.

Seems to make more sence now. Seems i was putting a bit more depth of thought into it than was needed hehe.

Let's just hope this attitude will bring me good fortune on the tables!

Comment

Originally posted by Clancy2k View Post
          Thanks for the reply guys. Seems to make more sence now. Seems i was putting a bit more depth of thought into it than was needed hehe. Let's just hope this attitude will bring me good fortune on the tables!
          Hi Clancy, And thanks to you also for pointing this out. As a result of your post this question has been edited to include the 3 x 3's as counted outs. So 9 outs in total
          Keep up good work with studying the quizzes and taking the courses. If there's anything else we can help you with be sure and let us know. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

its 36

3 aces 3 kings and 3 fours = 36%

Comment

lol

sorry 3 3s

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.