PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question regarding outs calculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding outs calculation

I have a question regarding one of the 4 questions at the bottom of the page. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ing-poker-outs

You have Jc and Ts and the flop is Kh, 5h and 9d . How many outs do you have?

Why is the correct answer 6? Can anyone please give me a hand?

Originally posted by HaryTradr View Post
    I have a question regarding one of the 4 questions at the bottom of the page. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ing-poker-outs

You have Jc and Ts and the flop is Kh, 5h and 9d . How many outs do you have?

Why is the correct answer 6? Can anyone please give me a hand?
    Hi,
    I think you need to discount hearts with this sort of quiz question.
    I'm guessing with the gutter Qh and then with a low running straight on a further two streets maybe one 8h or 7h?

"But with no information on whether you have pot odds to continue one street or twice with opponent all-in." - not really relevant to the question.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Sep 10, 2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

The question I see at the bottom of the page via the link you provided say you have Js10s board is KhQh6c where you would (if the villain was on a flush draw) have to discount 2 of your straight outs as the Ah and the 9h gives him a better hand (flush) so live outs are 6 Different page maybe?
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Hi mtnestegg, I went back through the link and check. The question is still the same.

Comment

I got the same question and would say the correct answer to the question is you have 4 outs to the straight. However, I assume it meant outs to the nuts and that's 3 clean outs. It doesn't give you the option of 3 though. Poor question if you ask me, blame PSO lol.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ah sorry, I had to answer the first question to get to the one u r refering.
            And ya for the same reason I would answer 3 as well because of the heart being a (possibly) "bad" out welcome to the new pso
            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Yea, I would have answered 3 as well if they had it

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.