PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rule of two and four

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule of two and four

Hi Everyone,

I was doing the test for the Rule of Two and Four page ( http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...f-Two-and-Four ) and I was faced with this question:

I would've thought that the answer was 36%. My outs would be a 3, king, or ace, all of which have three remaining in the deck.

(3+3+3) * 4 = 36

The answer for this question on the page is actually 28%, suggesting there are only 7 outs. Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Trying to think of any reason why it wouldn't be 36, and the page doesn't go into any more complexities.

I definitely agree with your 36. Any A any K would give you a better 2 pair. A 3 would give you the same 2 pair but a better kicker.

Comment

Huh, strange... must be a mistake.
      36 must be right ..... right?!

Comment

18% as you should make it 9*2 (to hit your out on the turn that is), so №3 is correct.

Comment

Don't forget the twos

28% is correct. While you have a 36% chance of hitting one of your nine outs on the turn or the river, there is an 8% chance of a two coming up on one of those streets to blow you out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by delgato2069 View Post
            28% is correct. While you have a 36% chance of hitting one of your nine outs on the turn or the river, there is an 8% chance of a two coming up on one of those streets to blow you out of the water.

Ha, awesome, thank you so much, that was really bugging me!

Comment

Welcome

Hi LiquidFiend and delgato2069. Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information here. You can find some help in locating everything here.

Good luck
              Doug
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.