PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quiz problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiz problem

Hello i'm confused about 2 questions in the ''the rule of two and four'' quiz.

You hold A,K(spades) your opponent has 2.2 The flop is .10,10,3
    (neither one of the flop cards is spades) According the the rule of two and four your winning chances are:
    24%
    28%
    18%

Why is the correct answer 28? It should be 24 because there are only 6 cards ( 3 kings, and 3 aces) that can improve my hand.

And also:
    You have A,K (suits are not important here) and the board is .K,6,5 Your opponent holds A.A Your chances of improving on the turn are:
    4%
    6%
    8%
    10%
    Why is it only 4 % ???

Thank you

Hi Bartans112! In the first problem, the 3's are also outs. If a 3 hits, then I have 10's and 3's with an A kicker, which the opp would have 10's and 3's with a 2 kicker. In the second one, the only outs that AK has there is the other two kings. If I get an A on the turn, the opp has trips to my two pair. If the board pairs (non K) then the opp's two pair is higher than my two pair. Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

but then it shoul be 36 % Because then there would be 9 outs (3 aces , 3 kings and 3 threes)
      Thank you with the second problem .

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.