PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free beer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free beer

Dear everyone,

I made a simular request in the NLHE forum on Sunday and no response so if you are in Wiarton this weekend come see me and claim your Beer.

In the meantime can someone (or actually lots of people) recommend a good book for me to study full ring micro stakes NLHE.

Thanks

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Hey Grade b!

For ring games, I've read super system 1 and 2. Also, Annie Duke's book is more geared toward deep stack play (which you get in ring play). The other books that I have so far are more for tourneys.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

free beer......on my way....hiccup
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
        free beer......on my way....hiccup

So that's all it takes to get you posting here again?

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
          So that's all it takes to get you posting here again?
          hahahahahaha That and he was really really really really drunk today. umbup: hiccup

Comment

ouch...hiccup...lol
            Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty JWK,

i will check them out.

Thanks Guys Beers in the fridge if i'm out (at a golf torniment on Sunday).

Grade b
              Last edited by Grade b; Tue Jun 19, 2012, 04:22 PM.
              I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Grade I've just finished reading 'Easy game volume 1' I play 6 max but I think it would still be very useful for FR. It even has a section comparing the two against each other. The best thing about it, is it breaks down all the basics into why you should do it and doesn't just say do this when this situation happens. Also he uses hand examples to explain everything. There's also a volume 2 for more advanced stuff but I haven't got onto that yet. Croydumbup: This is the contents of the book, as you can see it's not very long but fits a lot in
                Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

Ty Croyd93,

That looks good (i like short books!!!)

Can I ask what are G- bucks?

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's pretty easy to download I think, although someone in our skype group sent me it. G-bucks are one thing I found harder to understand, they're a similar idea to sklansky $ if you know what they are...? But involve our range against opponents range (instead of actualy hands, as with sklansky $)...... I think but someone correct me if i'm wrong. Croyd umbup:
                    Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

Do a search for "Easy game volume 1" You will see a PDF, click on it, then download It's a good read umbup:

Comment

Thanks Sandtrap,

Now have volume 1 and 2 is there a volume 3?

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It is about a 20+ hour drive for me so I am going to have to know what kind of beer we are talking about.

Comment

Currently Miller high life and a dry White wine in Fridge too.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.