PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tournament advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament advice

Even though I'm a cash game player, I realized that it can't (obviously) hurt to take some time to study and analyze tournament theory and play. I do have "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time vol. 1", although this book analyzes individual hands, so I still need some more material, like fundamental theory, strategy and concepts that could take me one step closer to being a consistent MTT winner. Any suggestions are welcome!

The Tournament Rules is a small book by Chris "Fox" Wallace and Adam Stemple they show you simple rules to remember when playing tournament poker , mostly what to do relative to your stack size in a tournament. I think its only available on amazon as a kindle book, its a good starting point.

The most recent tournament book I have is the Raiser's Edge which Elky takes part in, I have not finished reading yet but its the most up to date I have seen.

Also Dan Harrington's tournament books are good .(Harrington on Holdem)

Comment

Hi Fesk! The 2nd volume of the one you have is a very good book. It would be the first one that I'd recommend. Also, make sure that you take a look at the video library. There are plenty of MTT videos and session reviews from all the trainers and pros. They will be a great help too. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oops, missed that you had responded! I'll look into them and combine them with Kill Everyone that I'm reading at the moment. I only work for one 48 hour shift every other week and all I do there is to lay in a comfy bed, so I read Kill Everyone (and your suggestions) at home, and One Hand At A Time at "work", so it's the perfect combination of theory and practical hand analysis, and I hope it will pay off. Thanks for your help. umbup: ....

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.