PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major decision during the Sunday big game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major decision during the Sunday big game

Hi All,

I was in the Sunday big tournament and this happened:

We are on the Bubble
    I'm in late position preflop with 55 K in chips (around 20 bb worth)
    An early position player goes all in
    A middle postion player raises all in which would put me all in
    I have pocket aces

What would you do keeping in mind we're on the bubble?

Bubble decisions

Purely from, a poker standpoint you should call. AA is a plus EV hand preflop against any number of callers. If the aces hold, the large pot will put you in good position to make a deep run to earn a big payday. That said, if you are playing at a level that is well above your normal buy in, a min cash can be a substantial bankroll boost. In that case I would seriously consider a fold. It guarantees me a big payday and with twenty big blinds I still have a decent chance of a deep run.

You had a good tournament however that hand worked out
    Doug
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi 0verhiller! I agree with Doug. Situations like this are very good reasons for using the proper bankroll management. I want to be in these types of spots, as they can set me up for a very deep run in the tourney. Yes, I could get outdrawn and ko'd, but the reward of a deep run for the times that I win (and I'm the favorite to win the hand with AA). In a league game I could muck them (due to the point structure) but I really want to be playing hands in this type of situation. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.