PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Training Video: ChewMe1 $4.50 180 Replayer - Middle and Late Stage Play (6th Mar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Training Video: ChewMe1 $4.50 180 Replayer - Middle and Late Stage Play (6th Mar

I'm confused and I need explanation for hand from 110:12 min till 113:50 min of the video. Finally, how ChewMe1 won the hand? Please explain. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...h-2012#content

Regards

Vlado

Originally posted by vlado0806 View Post
    I'm confused and I need explanation for hand from 110:12 min till 113:50 min of the video. Finally, how ChewMe1 won the hand? Please explain. Thanks in advance. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...h-2012#content Regards Vlado
    Hi there Vlado, I've looked back at the video at that time (110:12 Minutes, see photo) and Chris lost that hand holding Jack, King off-suit. It jumped very quickly to the next hand so maybe that confused you as it was a replayer session and Chris announced at 109:34 that he was going to jump quickly through the hands where he won or lost pots in order to get the session finished in time. I'll let Chris know that this thread is here so that he too can leave a reply to your question. Thanks for posting and Welcome to the Forum. Raiser umbup: Raiser
    Last edited by royalraise85; Tue May 15, 2012, 02:23 PM.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Re: Live Training Video

Ty very much for quick response!

I was thinking that seriously missed im my poker history. Even worse his oponent after this hand disapeared from the table and Cris has a great amount, so I can play forward in the peace with strengh on my own knowledge of the rules.
      Ty once again
      Regards
      Vlado

Comment

I'm not sure......

Dear Raiser

After take a look on the your snapshot, this hand is clear for me. I'm talking about situation hand after that

fma88 has a pair of kings
        Cris has A4 herz
        River shows 5 2 3(herz) 7 7(herz)

Cris won the hand?

fma88 has 2 pair

On my knowledge Cris missed straight.......6 missing. Could Ace replace this card in such situation? If yes, I did know.

Please help and explain 113:09 video

Ty

Vlado

Comment

Hi vlado! Chris has A 2 3 4 5 for a straight. The opp has two pair K's and 7's. A straight beats two pair. Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Re:

Ty John

I did not know that A could be counted as 1 or 11. Now it's clear. Maybe I sound litle bit stupid but, thank you so much.

Greetings

Vlado

Comment

Hi valdo!

In hold'em, an A can be high or low for a straight. That won't be true in all games though.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty John

I found in the tutorial exact definision of the straight in an A card involving;

When forming a straight, the ace can be used in two different ways. It can take the highest or the lowest position, i.e. it can appear at the end () or the beginning (). This special straight which begins with an ace is also known as a 'wheel'. A straight via the ace (e.g. ) is not possible.

Read more: Poker Hand Rankings – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz1v1matwKV

When you think to know all, every day learn something new.

Tanks again

Good luck at the tables

Vlado

Comment

Dear John Something come on my mind.......... Is it also an straight in Hold'em: A 3 4 5 6 A 4 5 6 7 A 5 6 7 8 etc... or 3 4 5 6 A 4 5 6 7 A 5 6 7 8 A Regards Vlado umbup:
                  Last edited by vlado0806; Thu May 17, 2012, 07:28 PM. Reason: editing

Comment

vlado0806 think of it this way,

A = 1 (or 14)
                    T = 10
                    J = 11
                    Q = 12
                    K = 13
                    A = 14

Two straights include an Ace:

A 2 3 4 5 (1 - 5)
                    or
                    T J Q K A (10 - 14)

these two sets of 5 cards can be in any order.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu May 17, 2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hi ForrestFive

Ty very much!

Finally this topic is ad acta.

Regards

Vlado

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.