PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll management

Hello to all

Myself prab from india & i am new here & this is my first post

I have decided to play poker on pokerstars and want to go for first deposit bonus with $ 600 bankroll depositing in 3 instalments

I will be playing fixed limit

Would like to know which stake i should play if i want to achive $ 600 FDB in ( 90 + 180 days )

I will be playing on average 2 tables for 6 hrs/day

Please suggest

Thanks
    Last edited by sim5sim5; Tue Jan 17, 2012, 03:50 PM. Reason: correction

Hi there sim5sim5, There are some useful articles in PSO relating to bankroll management. The first is here in the NLHE Cash Cousre - Bankroll Management where even though it's No Limit and your focus is fixed limit the same principles regarding bankroll and buy-ins apply. There is also a video in the archive called Bankroll Management Tutorial This is just for starters. Finally click here for a link for some Useful Tips on Getting Started at PSO Hope this is of some help, it's great to see you here at PSO! Raiser umbup:

Comment

? royal please
      Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
      Hi there sim5sim5, There are some useful articles in PSO relating to bankroll management. The first is here in the NLHE Cash Cousre - Bankroll Management where even though it's No Limit and your focus is fixed limit the same principles regarding bankroll and buy-ins apply. There is also a video in the archive called Bankroll Management Tutorial This is just for starters. Finally click here for a link for some Useful Tips on Getting Started at PSO Hope this is of some help, it's great to see you here at PSO! Raiser umbup:
      hi royal why we are on the subject of br management is it a bad thing to go against br management if you are playing confident and winning?

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
          hi royal why we are on the subject of br management is it a bad thing to go against br management if you are playing confident and winning?
          Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
          yes
          Personally, I'd only move up to a higher level or buy-in when I've won enough to do so comfortably. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Read up on variance... I am pretty sure it hits mystics and mind readers too

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
              Read up on variance... I am pretty sure it hits mystics and mind readers too
              It's not as painful if you see it coming

Comment

Hey Holdem!

Yes. If you go against the bankroll management, sooner or later, variance will kick in and when it does, a player's bankroll will drop considerably... most likely to zero.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                  It's not as painful if you see it coming
                  Damn you Dman, always bringing logic in these threads

Comment

Originally posted by sim5sim5 View Post
                    Hello to all

Myself prab from india & i am new here & this is my first post

I have decided to play poker on pokerstars and want to go for first deposit bonus with $ 600 bankroll depositing in 3 instalments

I will be playing fixed limit

Would like to know which stake i should play if i want to achive $ 600 FDB in ( 90 + 180 days )

I will be playing on average 2 tables for 6 hrs/day

Please suggest

Thanks
                    Hi sim5sim5 and welcome.

A couple things. I wouldn't consider myself having the $600 in my bankroll until it is all there. Don't use your future deposits in considering what level to play at.
                    2nd, if you use the gray search tab above, then click on advanced search, input the keywords "bankroll management" and change the drop menu right there from "search all posts" to "search titles only", you will see numerous threads on the matter. Some have different philosophies on the number of BB's you want to have in your account, but they're pretty close and you'll get a good idea from where you should start by looking over these threads.
                    Hope this helps and best o' luck!

Comment

thanks i got it

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.