PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of a downswing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of a downswing

Hi all,
    Over the past 2 month i have been through a downswing.During this time, i tried alot of things to get my br moving in the right direction again including playing a few sng,s with a stake that was was above my bankroll, i took a very high risk and for me it paid off but i do not agree with how i managed this. This was a mistake!
    Well one thing i did do right is keep to my style of TAG play, if you read some of my previous posts u will see that i started to even question this. Poker can make your head spin at times, but i was very proud of the fact i did not at anytime tilt and blow my stack away playing silly. i really do believe that this is due to PSO learning me the other sides of poker even though i've been playing for over 6 years. So to cut my long story short over the past 2 days my cash game has been on fire i have doubled my bankroll and even laid a bad beat out which i do not normally do.

My conclusion guys n girls stick to it, don't do anything other than what u have learn't.
    This is for beginners only has most of you older pso dudes have already handled this situation.

I'm not new to poker but new to learning PokerPest (Paul)

Good job PokerPestumbup: When I hit one of those streaks, I just try to keep grinding thru it. Yes, I'll look for leaks in my game, but if you were winning consistantly before the downturn, you were doing something correctly (or really, really lucky). All you can do is to keep learning and apply what you learn to the games you're in. Keep the positive streak up. John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.