PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing too tight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing too tight?

When is playing tight too tight?

Over the last few days in playing the MTT's I was slammed by people playing really bad hands to my really good hands. It didn't really seem to make any difference on what size bet I placed. So in turn I have found that I am very leery on betting period and am now playing super tight.

I guess my question is really... am I being to cautious and how do I build my confidence back ?

Here my stats from the last game ( I did end up 64th out of 3674 players)

247 hands played and saw flop:
    - 2 times out of 29 while in small blind (7%)
    - 13 times out of 28 while in big blind (46%)
    - 23 times out of 190 in other positions (12%)
    - a total of 38 times out of 247 (15%)

Pots won at showdown - 9 out of 12 (75%)
    Pots won without showdown - 7

Hi there MukLukAnnie, Firstly most poker advocates will say that 'Tight is Right'. You say you finished this tournament in 64th place and that places you in approximately the top 1.8% of the starting field which in my book is pretty darn good. You also won 75% of hands at showdown so no complaints there either. Personally, I'd just keep going the way you are going. There will be always poor players out there who are willing to risk it with any two cards (ATC) but in the long run they will not be profitable. By the way, you are very welcome here at PSO! Why not drop a post into the New Members Section and introduce yourself! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.