PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What level MTT or SNG should I play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What level MTT or SNG should I play?

Hi Guys,

I've been playing on PS for about 3 months. I'm settled on MTT/SNG over Cash and wondering what level I should play at? I have a bankroll of $350, I've experimented with games upto a $1.50 buy in. I was losing turbo games but since moving to regular games I've played around 30 25c 45 man and have a ROI of about 20% (4 seconds and 3 thirds) and played 5 $1 45 man and won one of them and cashed another. Should I play at a higher buyin with my bank roll? Is there a big jump in the quality of players at say $1.5 to $3.5? or should I stick at the lower level while I learn the ropes?

Thanks in advance

I'd suggest sticking with the lower stakes games while you learn the ropes and get used to the bankroll swings. I don't think the quality of play from the $1.5 to $3.5 SNG's is all that different (and you are rolled for both), but you will encounter more Supernovas and SNG grinders at the $3.5's. At the very least, you should reduce your risk while you figure out exactly how good you are. You will have streaks of games where you lose ten in a row, and streaks where you cash for ten in a row, and they'll mess with your head, so it's better if you learn to deal with them in the cheaper games.
    Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.