PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to shove or not to shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to shove or not to shove

Ok He shouldn't have called in the first place but he's germans and they tend to call light! the broadway card isn't bad but isn't great either so should i have shoved preflop or is this another bad example???

I've never had much luck being that aggressive with the Ladies. Even though you say Germans tend to be light callers, many other countries also have their so-called light callers. I personally don't under estimate anyone anymore that I get into a chip puking contest with, even if I am holding Aces and chip leader.

Comment

9BB's or M4,whichever way you want to measure it (I prefer switching to M myself once the antes are out) you're on a push/fold stack,so yeah,get it in pre-flop here.

Look you're (hopefully) never flatting in this spot with QQ and a 4x raise,which is a perfectly fine play in normal circumstances,is committing far too much of your stack for you to really be able to let the hand go if a scary flop hits so force the action when you look to have the best of it and that's right now. If the villain turns AA or KK then make a note of the play for future reference and hope you get lucky. Anything else you're either flipping or ahead and very likely crushing a lot of their range.

That being said given the "quality" of his play here---the open limp from the button,the flat on your 4x bet raise pre and the call with a gutshot draw post flop---I have a feeling it would take something akin to divine intervention to get this joker to fold KQo ever,so not much you can really do here most likely.

But getting it in pre is the better line here wopke.
      Last edited by Moxie Pip; Tue Dec 27, 2011, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.