PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTT and SNG steal stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTT and SNG steal stats

Hi Guys,
    I've been going through my PT3 stats, what would good steal/re-steal numbers look like? As a new player it's one area that a feel I struggle with i.e. keeping up with the blinds when I don't get decent hands. At the moment I don't feel I steal enough or defend my blinds enough.
    Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I don't have PT3, so the stats I go by are the ones you get on stars with how many flops you see. I normally see about 17-25% of flops from SB and about 10-15% higher from the BB. The numbers will obviously vary, depending on the cards you get.

One of the biggest leaks that most beginning players have is that they try to defend blinds without playable hands (especially from the SB).
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't know what is a good steal/re-steal numbers either. Where can we look for the re-steal stats? My attempt to steal blinds is 32.16, and my raise vs steal(raise steal attempt from a blind) is12.04 the rest of the figures are about the same as yours.
      Last edited by Keldraco; Sun Dec 25, 2011, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks Guys Keldraco, There are stats in PT for re-steal, I had to look it up, Raise SB Steal Att and Raise BB Steal Att. I'm running about 10% for each. Strangely I nearly ended up working on my stealing against you in a tournament, unfortunatly I didn't last long, I was on the wrong end of a FH vs FH

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.