PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Deposit

Hey all today I made my first deposit of 25.00$. Though I am unsure of how i should go about building my bankroll. Sit'n'gos, or cash games? i play NLHE. Tonight after a couple failed sit and gos and some mistakes at the cash games tables im down to 19.75. But was up over 28.00 at one point. Im tired and know im not play at the top of my game so im going to get some rest. See you at the tables let me know if you guys have any good paths of building a bankroll this size

Pick a format you like (or one that you have lots of study materials for), and just play it. Play the lowest stakes you can until you gain some confidence. I'd recommend doing a bit of study first because there are so many resources available, but the important thing is that you try your best and learn as much as you can from the games you play.

If your bankroll is low, I wouldn't recommend any multi-table tournaments, because they're harder to get a consistent winrate from. It's pretty easy to lose $15 playing $1 MTT's without cashing just because of bad luck. You can get more reliable wins for your bankroll from single-table games (like $1.50 SNG's or $0.01/$0.02 ring games), so that's where I'd start if I were you.

If you need study resources for any specific type of game, just use the search function at the top of the forum to look for related posts, or go to the PSO Library and search for articles there. There are also a ton of recorded pro videos and Live Training sessions in the Library, too, and those are super-useful as well.

Comment

*** Moved ***

Comment

Silken welcome. Both Ahar 010 and myself Cowboy have good rules in place for solid bankroll management and in addition to this I woul dsuggest wtaching the 3 part series by Grayson Physioc aka Spacegravy!

Gidee Up!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.