PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omaha hi/lo playing a flush draw with 3 of kind???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha hi/lo playing a flush draw with 3 of kind???

My first post but i wanted to know. Many times i have been smashed by playing a three of a kind hit on the flop when there is a flush draw in play and it always seems that someone will hit. are the odds against you if you do go all in or is a fold a better option?? thanks SPUDKIRBYumbup:

*** moved to more appropriate forum as has nothing to do with MOW JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

there are alot of things that will play into this. Reads on opponents, stack sizes, how much is already in the pot, how close are you to cashing if in a tourney, what level of cash table play... to give you a better answer, posting a hand in the hand analysis forum would be good... but we'd need that additional info to give you an appropriate answer.

The real answer is... it depends. The odds depend on your cards, how many are in the pot, stack sizes and how much is already bet and what exact cards are on the flop.

I can say in general that 3 of a kind will get beat ALOT in omaha or omaha 8, as with 4 hold cards, there will be alot of straights, flushes or full houses available in most hands and you don't want to be going all-in until you know you will have the best hand after all 5 cards on the board are shown.

Welcome to the forums!
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.