PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIT & GO: THE MIDDLE PHASE Article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIT & GO: THE MIDDLE PHASE Article

Hi there,

I've been working through this sit & go course and there's something that's been bugging me...

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Blinds?page=2

On that page there's a table that explains which hands to play per-flop in the middle phase. Why is it that the 'big blind' position is never discussed?

This happens in later articles in this series as well, like this one...

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...eads-Up?page=2

I'm sure there is an obvious answer to this that, seeing that I'm a noob. I'd really like to clear this up though.

Thanks!

Question #1:

The BB is discussed.

If you look at the headings for "1 or more limpers" and "someone raises", the lesson tells you want to do from any position; any position includes the BB.

In the other entry, the one marked "everyone folds to you", if everyone folds to you in the BB you have received a "walk" and take down the pot. There is no decision for you to make if everyone folds to you in your BB, so there is no need to tell you what to do in the BB for this situation.

Question #2:

In the situation which does not explicitly tell you what to do in the big blind, the heading there says this is for a 3 handed table, and you are contemplating an open jam.

Again, if you are the BB in that situation, the only way you could open jam is if both the other hands fold to you, and if that happens you'd get a walk and win without making a decision. that means this lesson info is not applicable when you are in the BB, so the lesson only says when to open jam on the BTN or the SB.

See?
    Last edited by JDean; Mon Nov 07, 2011, 02:52 PM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.