PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading Ranges by Statistics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Ranges by Statistics

This is just a thought that came through my mind. I was listening to a video in library by TheLangolier on the subject of hand reading. It was mentioned that HUD stats is one piece of information we could use when trying to put an opponent on a hand.

I then thought about a chart in the Sit n' Go course Introduction where it puts starting hands into categories, for example, Category 1 - AA, KK etc.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to put together an approximate chart that ties the two together.

That is, if a player is playing a stat of VPIP 12% does this relate to him only playing category 1-3 starting hands etc.

I know that this would be just an approximation and that there would be other things to consider such as stack size and position etc.

Here's the chart from the sit n go course.

Category 1: AA, KK

Category 2: QQ, AKs, AKo, JJ

Category 3: AQs, AQo, TT, 99

Category 4: AJs, KQs, 88, 77

Category 5: AJo, ATs, ATo, KQo, KJs, 66, 55

Category 6: A9s-A2s, KJo, KTs, QJs, QTs, JTs, 44, 33, 22

Category 7: A9-A2, KTo, QJo, QTo, JTo, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s

Category 8: K9s, K9o, K8s, K8o, Q9s, Q8s, J9s, T8s, T9o, 97s, 98o, 86s, 87o, 75s, 76o, 64s

I'd love to hear some views on this, that is if anyone has a clue about what I'm trying to ask? It's one of those things that make sense in my head but hard to express in a post.

download pokerstove, and you can input any % and see what that actually is in terms of your cards

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
      download pokerstove, and you can input any % and see what that actually is in terms of your cards
      Yeah, I hear ya and pokerstove is great for analysing hands and ranges post game but impossible in my view to use during live play. What I'm trying to work out here is a rule of thumb chart that could be put to memory. Dave has a good lesson in the library too on how to use pokerstove. umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.