PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I must be playing the wrong game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be playing the wrong game

8 left 7 get the money

WHY DID YOU CALL ??

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

He probably expected you to fold since you were on the bubble.
      Thats very unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
        WHY DID YOU CALL ??

Was calling the wrong thing to do there ? Im still learning. He been on my table all game and doing the same thing chiping up and down.

Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK HE MY HAVE ??
          HAD YOU PLAYED WITH HIM LONG ??

Comment

HOPE YOU MADE A NOTE ON HIM

Comment

I made a note on him but i will get banned if i post it here

Comment

Originally posted by m.bisland View Post
                Was calling the wrong thing to do there ? Im still learning. He been on my table all game and doing the same thing chiping up and down.
                If it's a satellite, this is an easy fold. If it's a regular pay structure tourney, this is an easy call imo.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                  If it's a satellite, this is an easy fold. If it's a regular pay structure tourney, this is an easy call imo.
                  ONE REASON I DON'T LIKE THE REPLAYER IS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PLAYING
                  BUT HERE IF I'M WILLING TO PUT ALL MY CHIPS ON THIS HAND ON THE BUBBLE THEN I SHOVE FIRST IF HE HAD I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE POT
                  BUT WHEN HE CALLS HERE I THINK THE BEST HE COULD EXPECT IS A COIN FLIP
                  AND I DON'T HAVE ANY LUCK WITH AK BUT THAT'S JUST ME

Comment

Originally posted by m.bisland View Post
                    Hi M Don't worry about the 'still learning' bit! Seasoned poker pros that are playing for years are still learning. That's why we are all here on PSO. AK suited might seem like a very attractive holding and it is a powerful opening hand. It is definitely NOT a hand worth putting your entire chip stack at risk for pre flop. If the villain turns over a pocket pair of A's your crushed but as the play showed any pair beats you in this spot. It was an incredibly bad play on the villain's behalf and in the long term he'll lose out big time with plays like this. Again as already said make a note on him. Next time if your holding a premium made hand like a large pocket pair and he makes a play like that shove it in his face. I'd be 80% sure you'll win in those spots unless he gets lucky again and hits something better. I also get the feeling by your quote that you've seen the villain make loose plays already in the game and that his chip stack is taking large swings. Sounds to me he's a loose aggressive player or LAG type. There are good LAG players (Gus Hansen) and bad ones. Judging by his pre flop shove here he's one of the bad ones. Just take it on the chin, it's one of those things that happen. I've met you on the tables and your play is quite good. Some of your play is very creative. Good luck on the felt! umbup:
                    Last edited by TOO2COO; Thu Oct 20, 2011, 03:48 AM. Reason: Removed twitter link

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                      +1

Gidee Up!

Comment

since it's a satellite, with 5 stacks lower than you, it's a muck for me (I'd even consider mucking AA in that situation). The one and only goal at that point, is to NOT get ko'd.

If it's a regular pay schedule, call all day long.
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

this is a 45 man normal speed 25 cent game i guess.

i call this every time and at the same time i know i do not yet have a pair. so some times i'm busting out and sometimes i'm busting them.

Grade b
                          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

One question about the in and outs or the famous odds ect ive seen more than my share also of bad plats like that. Is this a run of bad luck or lack of knowledge, ive seen very good players thrownoff there games because of stupidities like that... so a fold on all ins should be the right thing...ive found that i might win 1 out of 5 all-ins with 1 or 2 hands im confuse by times and mad lol still learning thx )

Comment

odds and outs ect.

there is 13 cards of each suit in a deck ok, when you check your outs you still have to consider the other 8 players sitting at your table also..so less cards in the deck but you dont know what they have so how can youfugure out your outs this way im confused lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.